The National Religious Broadcasters Noncommercial Music License Committee (NRBNMLC) was founded in 2002. Yes, that’s a long handle!
To those viewing this or visiting this website for the first time the following is a brief rundown of some of the major proceedings we have undertaken:
- 2002: Copyright Arbitration Royalty Panel (CARP) to set initial Sound-Exchange sound recording performance fees for streaming/webcasting.
- 2003: “Section 118 Proceeding” (named for the related section of the Copyright Act) to set noncom broadcast fees with ASCAP, BMI and SESAC.
- 2003: SESAC Internet streaming rate proceeding.
- 2006-7: Copyright Royalty Board (CRB) proceeding to establish Sound-Exchange rates for streaming and webcasting.
- 2007: Section 118 proceeding
- 2010: SESAC Internet streaming rate proceeding
- 2011: Section 118 proceeding
- 2014: “WEB IV” CRB SoundExchange proceeding
- 2016: SESAC Internet streaming rate proceeding
Volunteers run the NRBNMLC. Our base of operations is free because NRBNMLC operates under the oversight of the commercial NRBMLC – each with its own fundraising operations. We are both accountable to the NRB in Washington, DC.
NRBNMLC is here to help you with all your music-licensing challenges. This work and effort is by no means free. We are dependent on voluntary financial support. Please consider an ongoing gift that is monthly, quarterly or yearly. THANKS in advance for considering this request! We are grateful!